Thank you all for the excellent proposals! The call for papers is now closed and all applicants have been notified of their proposal status.
We will be releasing the schedule and opening up a registration portal in the next couple of weeks so stay tuned!
New Deadline: Friday, January 10th, 2014
We here at Data Driven have been contacted by several potential applicants in the last week or so requesting deadline extensions.
Even though we have received more than enough proposals for the upcoming conference and monograph, we have decided to grant this request as the holiday season has shortened the semester for some of us. Therefore we have agreed to extend the deadline until January 10th, 2014.
We wanted you to know, however, that our timeline for notification will not be pushed back and that we will still send out acceptance notifications by February 1st, 2014.
Complete proposal information is available here.
Guidelines for Submission
Lightning Round/Paper/Panel deadline:
01 December 2013 EXTENDED TO 10 JAN 2014
Workshop proposal deadline: 01 February 2014
“Data Driven: Digital Humanities in the Library,” sponsored by the South Carolina Digital Library, the College of Charleston and the Charleston Conference, invites submissions for its 2014 conference, on all aspects of digital humanities in the library. This includes but is not limited to:
- Digital scholarship
- Digital library & repository infrastructures
- Humanities & library collaborations on DH projects
- Text mining & data analysis
- Scholarly communications & open access publishing
- Knowledge lifecycle, including production & collaboration
- Creating or using tools & services for the production, editing and/or analysis of DH data
- Metadata and linked data in DH
We particularly welcome collaborative panel and paper submissions from librarian and humanities scholar-based teams and we strongly encourage proposals relating to the theme of the conference.
Presentations may include:
- Lightning Rounds (250-500 word abstract)
- Long Papers (abstract of 1500 words max)
- Panel Sessions (approximately 500-word overview)
- Pre-conference workshops and tutorials (overview of 1500 words max)
The deadline for submitting lightning round, long paper, and session proposals is December 1st, 2013. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by February 1st, 2014. Workshop and pre-conference tutorial proposals are by February 1st, 2014, with notice of acceptance by March 1st, 2014. Please send all submissions to whitej [at] cofc [dot] edu with “DHLIB 2014 PROPOSAL” entered in the subject line. All submissions must include name, title and institutional affiliation.
More information available here: https://dhinthelibrary.wordpress.com/call-for-conference-proposals/